Saturday, September 5, 2009

the little things

do you ever have those moments where someone is talking to you, and all of a sudden you feel like you're looking at them as if it were the first time you had met? Its as if the many little things you take for granted day in and day out just, all at once, take your breath away. Well, that happened to me last night while laying in bed talking with Mark. Maybe its because he's been working a lot and we haven't hung out as much or because his hair was down, which he rarely does (and I love). Either way, as he was telling a story, I couldn't help but smile to myself thinking, "wow, how lucky am I?" And at that moment I interrupted him and told him to wait right where he was... I ran to grab the camera and capture what I was seeing/feeling. He thought I was a total goof, but I absolutely love the pictures I got...


I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz, or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers; thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this

Where “I” does not exist, nor “You”, so close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.
-Pablo Neruda

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poem and great honest post...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete